2016 was a year of blessing to Ugandan Music Industry. Many songs that topped the charts in different times of the year. These songs that we have listed are songs that were ousted in the period starting with 1st January 2016 and have been doing better in music play stations allover Uganda and were the best in this 2016.
10. Mulimuki by Mary Bata ft Nutty Neithan. Mulimuki mumpale yo, Mulimu Ki mu sikati yo. This is the song that you will find in every club where you go. Every dance party, weddings, its Mulimuki everywhere.
9. Sembera by Irene Ntale. Irene Ntale is continuing to make it big in the Ugandan Music Industry. She has released various songs this year but this Sembera is the best.
8. Mwana Gwe By King Saha. If there is a song that made Ugandans dance this year, its none other than Mwana Gwe by King Saha.
7. Kisasi Kimu by Sheebah Karungi. This is a song that has got every music lover’s jaw dropping. The song has a nice video and was even nominated in MTV Africa Music Awards, Best Video Act.
6. Sabulula by David Lutalo. David Lutaro has another song doing well this year titled So Nice, though it was released late last year. Sabulula is his song that was produced this year and is loved by many people. Twala Byange with Grace Nakimera is good, though it hasn’t been promoted to penetrate the population. Download Sabulula it here
5. Tuli Magye by Ziza Bafana. Tuli Mangye tetubonga naba ffala! Ziza Bafana, Ziza Bafana is that person who knows either what he is doing or doing what he knows better or both. His two recent songs Tuli Magye and Akalulu show how good he is. Tuli Magye is an anthem in clubs. Download it here
4. Njogereza by Navio. This is what I may give a title “The Comeback of Navio.” The song that has made everyone smile, laugh and dance to the tune. It is a hiphop song mixed with traditional folk, in Luganda.
3. Nkwatako by Sheebah. This is Sheebah Karungi’s next big hit so far I two years. Now all ladies request Nkwatako. Even when you are the club, they be like “Babe Nkwatako”. The song is continuing to spread and very soon it will be next Twesaana.
2. Kabulengane by Bebe Cool. Have you danced to this amazing song? Only those who can shake it better qualify to dance this song. Well this one of the best songs from Bebe Cool ever. The song has been trending since it was ousted topping local chats and becoming an anthem in various clubs and music play stations.
1. Musawo by Winnie Nwagi. This song made it to our Number one! I hope most of you of not all of you agree with me on this. The song Musawo has been the favorite of every music lover in Uganda. With its classic video. I have a feeling it will be the song of the year, if no other better song is released before the year ends. Download it here
Which songs do you suggest on our forthcoming list of Best 100 songs in 2016?
Last updated: December 30, 2016