The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and President of the republic of Uganda Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has today morning made a reshuffle in the top army officials. The reshuffles made on Tuesday morning saw the Chief of Defence forces Katumba Wamala dropped in the army, appointed State Minister for works, and replaced by General David Muhoozi who has been the Commander of Land Forces.
The son to the reigning president, Major General Muhoozi Kainerugaba who was acting as the Commander of Special Forces was dropped and replaced with Lt. Col Don Nabaasa and Kainerubaba has been appointed in State House as the presidential advisor on Special Operations.
Here is the full list of appointed officers.
As Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and President of the Republic of Uganda, I have made appointments, transfers and promotions in the Uganda People’s Defence Forces as follows:
1. Gen Katumba Wamala, who has been Chief of Defence Forces, has been seconded to the government and appointed Minister of State for Works.
2. Maj Gen David Muhoozi, who has been the Commander Land Forces, is promoted to the rank of General and appointed Chief of Defence Forces.
3. Maj Gen Wilson Mbadi, who has been Joint Chief of Staff, is promoted to rank of Lt Gen and appointed Deputy Chief of Defence Forces.
4. Lt Gen Charles Angina, who has been Deputy Chief of Defence Forces, is appointed Deputy Commander Operation Wealth Creation.
5. Brig Peter Elwelu, who has been 2nd Division Commander, is promoted to rank of Maj Gen and appointed Commander Land Forces.
6. Maj Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba, who has been Commander Special Forces Command, is appointed Senior Presidential Advisor for Special Operations.
7. Lt Col Don Nabaasa, who has been the Commander 1st Battalion of Special Forces Command, is promoted to rank of Col and appointed Acting Commander Special Forces Command.
8. Maj Gen Sam Turyagenda, who has been the Commander Air Forces, is appointed Senior Presidential Advisor on Air Forces matters.
9. Brig Charles Lwanga Lutaaya, who has been the Deputy Commander Air Forces, is promoted to rank of Maj Gen and appointed Commander Air Forces.
10. Brig Charles Otema, who has been Chief of Logistics and Engineering, has been promoted to rank of Maj Gen and appointed General Officer Commanding the Reserves.
11. Brig Charles Bakahumura, who has been Chief of Military Intelligence, is appointed Chief of Logistics and Engineering.
12. Lt Col Abel Kandoho, who has been Staff Officer under the Office of the State Minister of Defence in charge of Veteran Affairs, is promoted to rank of Col and appointed Chief of Military Intelligence.
13. Brig Sam Okiding, who until recently was the Contingent Commander of the UPDF in Somalia, is promoted to rank of Maj Gen and remains substantive Commander of Field Artillery Division that he commanded before going to Somalia.
14. Brig Gavas Mugyenyi is promoted to Maj Gen and remains in command of Air Defence Division.
15. Maj Gen Nakibus Lakara, who has been the Deputy Commander Operation Wealth Creation, goes back to headquarters for redeployment.
16. Brigadier Richard Karemire becomes the new Army Spokesman.
17. Brigadier L’Okech goes to Mbarara 2 Division.
18. Brigadier Sam Kavuma becomes Deputy Commander Air force.
17. Brigadier Igumba becomes the new CPA
18. Brigadier Matsiko becomes the Chief Political Commissar.